The following information relates to creating a recurring appointment via the Appointment Book. You can also create a recurring appointment via the patient's record.
1. Ensure you have elected to access to the Outlook® Style Appointment Book, via Practice Explorer Preferences.
2. From the MedicalDirector Blue Chip main window, click located at the bottom-right. The Practice Explorer appears.
3. Within the Practice Explorer Margin Menu, select the Appointment Book. The Appointment Book window appears.
the practitioner whose appointment schedule you wish to display, using
the Practitioners drop-down list. You can also
use this menu to display the appointment schedules for a group
of practitioners. Note that after selecting a group to display, you can
show or hide individual members of that group using the secondary Display
drop-down list. For example, the first image below shows that a group
called Surgeons has been selected, and from that group, only Doctor Kong's
schedule is currently displayed. The second image shows the same group,
but with both Doctor Kong and Doctor Ayers displayed
5. Select which period of schedule(s) you wish to display, using the associated options. You can select from:
o Day view
o Work Week view
o Week view
o Month view
You can also use the calendar at the right-hand side to show different time periods.
6. To add an appointment, locate an available slot, and then either:
o Double-click the slot.
o Right-click the slot and select New Appointment.
The New Appointment Wizard appears.
7. Click the button to select a patient to record the appointment for.
8. Select the purpose of the booking from the Type drop-down list.
9. Enter an appointment duration time if necessary. The duration defaults to the default time recorded for the selected Practitioner.
10. The Referring Doctor field automatically displays the patient's most current Referral (if available) and Referring Doctor. If necessary, you can create a new referral via this window, by clicking the drop-down arrow and then clicking on the secondary window that appears.
the Make Multiple Recurring
Appointments check box.
to continue. The Create
Recurring Appointments window appears.
13. (Optional) If you wish to change the date of the first appointment, enter a new date in the Date field manually, or via the associated calendar button
14. Enter the number of appointments you wish to book.
15. Stagger the appointments using the Time Between Bookings fields;
o Enter the number of days, weeks or months between appointments.
o Select whether the increment will be based on days, weeks or months using the associated drop-down list.
o (Optional) Enter a Best Day / Date in Period.
• If you selected Day(s) as your Time Between Bookings, this option will not be available. Likewise, if you selected Week(s), the selection will default to the same day as that of your chosen Date of First Appointment. If however, you selected Month(s), you will have access to a drop-down list of day/date options such as specific days, or 'First Friday of Month', and so on.
16. Enter a preferred time for the appointment in the Best Time field, either manually or via the associated clock button
17. Select whether or not you will allow double-bookings by enabling/disabling check box, and then how many 'double-ups' you will permit.
to continue. The Revise
Recurring Appointments window appears.
Take a moment to confirm that this appointment's schedule is suitable. You also have an opportunity to print the list from here. If you wish to make any edits, you can do so now, by clicking within the required cell and manually making the change.
If MedicalDirector Blue Chip determines it necessary to present you with
any warnings about the appointments you wish to record, the button will be made available.
Click this to reveal the Review Appointment Warnings
20. Click when you are ready to record the range of multiple appointments. You are returned to the Patient Bookings window, where the appointment details are now available. The new appointments are also entered in the Appointment Book.