It is possible to modify a current prescription by prescribing;
o An alternative brand of medication (of the same active ingredients and strength),
o An alternative type of medication (of same active ingredients, regardless of strength),
o An alternative strength of medication (of the same drug name and dose-form but different strength, quantity or other field).
To modify a current prescription by prescribing an alternative:
1. From within the Clinical Window, select the Current Rx tab.
2. Select and right-click the medication you wish to modify.
either Alternatives, Brands
or Change Strength from the menu. The following
o PBS - Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
o RPBS - Restricted Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
o B.P.P. - Brand Price Premium
o T.G.P. - Therapeutic Group Premium
o S.P.C. - Special Patient Contribution
4. Select , , or to filter the drug list accordingly.
5. Select the medication you wish to prescribe as the alternative.
6. Click to confirm your selection.
will be prompted to confirm the drug quantity
and repeats. Modify if necessary and click to continue.
This prompt will differ slightly, depending on whether you are modifying a limited or regular medication. It is possible to disable the prompt for regular medications via Prescribing Options.
8. You will be returned to the patient's Current Rx tab.