In this topic:
1. Ensure you are using the correct EasyOne device and that it is connected to your computer. These instructions are for the EasyOne with Serial Cable Only.
2. Ensure that the EasyOne Device is turned off.
3. Ensure that you have instructed the EasyWare software to use the Serial Cable. To do this:
A Run the EasyWare Software.
B Select FILE > PREFERENCES.
C From the EasyWare Preferences window ensure you have selected the Serial Cable Option. Select the correct Serial Port the device is connected to.
D Click OK to confirm.
E Close the EasyWare software.
Tools > Tool Box
Function from the patient's record. The Respiratory
2. Click to use the Easyone Spirometer with Serial Cable device to record values.
The Available Spirometer Machines window is displayed if more than one device is installed. Select the device you wish to use from this window.
4. You should also see a smaller EasyWare window containing instructions. Do NOT close this window yet.
5. Switch on the EasyOne Device.
the 1 button on the device to
initiate synchronisation between the EasyOne device and the EasyWare software.
You should notice the EasyWare software Synchronization in Progress window briefly as the EasyWare software and EasyOne device are synchronised. This may take a moment to display.
7. Once the manual synchronisation is complete, click OK on the smaller instructional Window.
8. After a moment the Edit Patient Data window displays. Ensure that this is the correct patient record you wish to work with. If not begin the process again. If the patient record is correct, click OK. Wait a moment for the patient's record to display in the EasyWare software.
9. On the EasyOne Device:
10. Remove the EasyOne device from the Cradle.
11. Press and hold the Esc button for a second.
12. The MAIN menu is displayed with the Perform Test option highlighted.
13. Press the ENTER button.
14. The SELECT TEST window appears.
15. Select RECALL, and press the ENTER button.
16. The SEARCH TEST window appears and LAST TEST should be highlighted.
17. Press the ENTER button.
18. The Patient Record window appears. Ensure that this is the correct patient record. If not start again. If it is correct, press the ENTER button. The TEST Menu is displayed.
19. Initiate the Pre Test, by selecting FVC and pressing the ENTER button on the device.
20. The BASELINE SETTING window is displayed.
21. Press the ENTER button.
22. When prompted by the device, conduct the test. Once the test is complete a graph of results is displayed in both the device window and On-Line Test window on your computer.
23. On the device, press the ENTER button.
24. A Session Quality window is displayed. At this point you may RETRY the test, or QUIT. Select an option and press the ENTER button.
25. When you choose to quit the Pre Test you are presented with the Session Quality window again.
26. To conduct a Post Test, select POST and press the ENTER button.
27. Conduct the Post tests by following the same steps to complete the Pre Tests.
28. To save the tests, return the EasyOne Device to the Cradle.
29. Press the 1 button on the device to initiate synchronisation between the EasyOne device and the EasyWare software.
30. You should notice the EasyWare software Synchronization in Progress window briefly as the EasyWare software and EasyOne device are synchronised. This may take a moment to display.
31. Once the synchronization is complete, close the EasyWare software.
32. Data should be transferred to MedicalDirector Clinical, confirmed by the Spirometry Results window that is displayed. Close this window. The results are displayed in the Respiratory tab in MedicalDirector Clinical.
Using the Graph View
o Click to display the patient's record in graph format. Use the scroll bar to view different sections of the graph.
o Click to print the sections of the graph displayed on the screen.
o Click to close the Graph window and return to patient's Clinical window.
PO Box 1019
1300 136 855
1300 664 204