Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), the de facto standard for e-mail transmissions across the Internet must be installed to have access to Backup Notification functionality. You will not be able to access the Notification tab if SMTP is not installed. If the SMTP Service is not installed you will be prompted accordingly upon opening the MedicalDirector Backup application.
Note that the following instructions relate to Windows XP. The images and steps below may differ slightly on other Operating Systems.
To install the SMTP Service:
1. Within Windows, select Start > Settings > Control Panel. The Windows Control Panel is displayed.
2. Locate and double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon The Add or Remove Programs window is displayed.
the Add/Remove Windows Components
icon from the left hand menu. The Windows
Components Wizard appears.
the Internet Information Services (IIS) check
box and click
The Internet Information Services (IIS)
window is displayed.
5. Select the SMTP Service check box, this will add the other required services and click You are returned to the Windows Components window.
6. Click to continue. The Configuring Components window is displayed and the installation of the SMTP Service begins.
7. Click when the installation is successful.