Messenger is a text-based utility that allows you to communicate instantly with other users on your network.
1. Locate and double-click the MedicalDirector Maintenance icon on your desktop. The MedicalDirector Maintenance window appears.
the Database Tasks >
Common menu item.
(Optional) If this is the first time you have tried to access Messenger during this session of working in MedicalDirector Maintenance, you will be prompted to select a Configuration, and enter your Username and Password.
4. Messenger activates.
o To prevent the display of the Messenger window again, enable the Do not show this window again? check box.
o When not in use Messenger can be reactivated by double-clicking in your Windows Taskbar.
5. Click to continue.
6. Messenger appears.
o The upper section of this window displays a summary of messages you have received.
o The lower section of this window displays the message body of any message highlighted in the upper window.
o Via the View drop-down list, you can toggle the set of messages to display either your inbox, sent messages, or archived* messages. *You can elect whether or not to archive messages via Messenger's preferences window..
Starts a new message. See Step 7 below for instructions.
Deletes the selected message.
Reply to the selected message.
Forward the selected message.
Refresh the list of messages.
7. To compose
a new message, click .
The New Message window appears.
to specify which recipient(s) you wish to send the message to. You can
select one or more recipients by ticking the associated check box(es).
Recipient groups are displayed in bold
text. See also Creating
9. Indicate whether you wish to associate this message with a specific patient, and save a copy of this message to their record, via .
10. Specify a level of urgency for this message via the Urgency drop-down list. The default is 'normal'.
11. Indicate whether you wish to defer the sending of this message until a specified date/time.
12. Indicate whether the recipient must reply.
to send your message.