Waiting Room > Appointment Book
A 'fit-in' appointment is one that is scheduled in-between two standard, pre-booked appointment slots. A fit-in appointment may be required if for example a patient arrives unannounced and needs urgent attention. A fit-in appointment may also occur if a patient scheduled an appointment online, and it then conflicted with an appointment simultaneously scheduled by your staff at the Practice. In the example below, a fit-in appointment has been created for Greg Durant, between George Donnelly's appointment at 10:00 and Heather Andrews' appointment at 10:15.
1. Open the Appointment module by either;
Waiting Room > Appointment Book.
2. If you have multiple Appointment Books in use, select the Appointment Book you wish to use via the associated drop-down list.
3. Select the practitioner for whom you wish to assign an appointment, using the associated drop-down list. The image above indicates that the appointment schedule for Dr. A Practitioner is currently selected.
4. Click a time slot in the date/time matrix in which to schedule the appointment.
5. To add a fit in appointment (CTRL+A):
the time slot prior to where you wish to schedule
the fit-in appointment.
In the example above, we needed to schedule a fit-in appointment for Greg Durant, when he arrived unannounced on Thursday at 10:00. Prior to his arrival, there were already appointments scheduled for 10:00 (George Donnelly) and 10:15 (Heather Andrews), and there were no available appointment slots between those times; we needed to fit in Greg's appointment after George's (because George was already being seen to), but before Heather's. Therefore, the slot prior to the fit-in appointment was George's at 10:00, so this is the slot we selected, as instructed.
7. Then either;
o Select Appointment > Add Fit Appointment, or
o Press CTRL+A.
8. A new appointment is scheduled for your patient. Continue to create the appointment, as if it were a standard appointment. Notice in the example above that the fit-in appointment is scheduled for 10:01 - one minute after the last 'standard' appointment slot commenced. Fit-in appointments are always scheduled for one minute after the last standard appointment.