A patient's spoken languages, and whether they require an interpreter, can be recorded when creating a new patient record, or editing an existing one. The following procedure demonstrates the latter approach.
1. Locate the patient whose record you wish to edit.
2. Within the Search Patient window, select
the patient and then click The Edit Patient Details
3. Select the Personal Details tab, and then the Personal Information tab, as shown above.]
4. To record a patient's spoken language(s), either;
o Click directly into
the Spoken Languages field, and
begin typing the name of the language you wish to record.
o Click to call the Select
Spoken Language window. Indicate the patient's language(s) by ticking
one or more of the check boxes. In the following example, the user has
navigated to the 'English' option within the Northern European Languages
set. They have also selected 'Swiss' from the Most Commonly Used section;
this section is populated with the top-10 most used languages from your
patient database. For a complete list
of supported languages see Language
Alternatively, you can search for a specific language by typing into the search field provided. In the example following, languages beginning with the prefix "sw" are being searched for, and the 2nd of 3 results is currently displayed. Click and to navigate through the list of search results.
5. (optional) Indicate the patient's preferred
language, and whether they require and interpreter.
6. Ensure you click on the Edit Patient Details window to save your changes.