Waiting Room > Appointment Book
The following information explains how to schedule an appointment for either new or existing patients.
1. Open the Appointment module by either;
Waiting Room > Appointment
2. If you have multiple Appointment Books in use, select the Appointment Book you wish to use via the associated drop-down list.
3. Select the Practitioner for whom you wish to assign an appointment, using the associated drop-down list. The image above indicates that the appointment schedule for Dr. A Practitioner is currently selected.
4. Click a time slot in the date/time matrix in which to schedule an appointment. The insert point should appear within the time slot, ready for you to begin typing a patient's name. Alternatively you can click and drag across multiple time slots, to schedule the appointment for a greater time period than the standard schedule period.
5. Enter the patient's surname, comma, first name (or part of), or the first name and surname without commas.
ENTER to confirm
your entry. If there is more than one matching patient, or the patient
cannot be located (e.g. a new patient) the Select Patient window appears.
If the patient is present and you have their Medicare card, swipe it now
to save you typing their name manually.
o To record an Appointment for an
If the patient is an existing patient (i.e. already recorded in your PracSoft database), you can search for them now by typing their name into the text box provided. The list of corresponding names is generated on-the-fly, as shown below. When you select a patient from the list, the button becomes available. Click this to add them to the Appointment Book.
Note also that if you need to edit the patient's record before adding them to the Appointment Book, you can do so now by clicking
o To record an Appointment for a New Patient:
If this is a new patient, you have two options;
• To create an appointment for the new patient without also adding them to the PracSoft database, click Later, when the patient arrives, you can create a record for them by linking them to PracSoft.
• To create an appointment for the new patient and simultaneously add them to the PracSoft database, click See Adding/Editing Patient Records via the Appointment Book for more information.
7. If you are using MedicalDirector
Clinical, and the patient in question has any current due Recalls,
the following window will appear. From here, indicate which Recall(s)
the patient is scheduling an appointment for. This information is saved
back to the patient's record in MedicalDirector Clinical.
A current recall is defined as active, and;
o Due today, or
o Due within the 3 months prior to today, or
o Due within 1 month after today
A future recall is defined as active, and due later than 1 month after today
The Reasons column in this window will only be visible to users who have been given permission to view it. This permission is granted via the Show Recall Reasons check box on the User Details window. See Editing Practitioners and Users.
8. Upon selecting the patient you may be notified if the patient has an outstanding account. This prompt can be enabled/disabled via Appointment Book Options.
9. Click The patient's name now appears in the selected time slot, and their appointment has been scheduled.
10. (Optional) You can indicate the type of appointment by right-clicking the appointment entry and selecting Type from the menu that appears.