1. Open MedicalDirector PracSoft.
Setup > Workstation Settings.
The Workstation Settings
If you have installed MedicalDirector PracSoft onto a single workstation:
o Enter C:\Program Files\Common Files\PKI\hic.psi as the Store Location, providing 'C' is your local system directory/drive.
o Enter the PSI Store password that you created in in the previous step and click
If you have installed MedicalDirector PracSoft onto a server/network:
o Enter either:
• X:\Program Files\Common Files\PKI\hic.psi where X is the letter of the relevant mapped network drive on which you created the PSI Store in Step 1.6; or
• \\SERVER\Program Files\Common Files\PKI\hic.psi where SERVER is the name of the computer on which you created the PSI Store in the previous step as the 'Store Location'.
o Enter the PSI Store password that you created in the previous step and click
Setup > Global Settings.
The Global Settings
4. Tick the Use Online Claiming check box.
5. Unless otherwise directed by Medicare Australia or MedicalDirector PracSoft support, ensure that:
o The Medicare Australia Server is www2.medicareaustralia.gov.au/pext
o The Medicare Australia Recipient is email@example.com.
6. It is recommended that you also select the Auto-Claim No. Generation check box. Claim numbers will be automatically incremented and displayed.