1. Locate and double-click the MedicalDirector Maintenance icon on your desktop. The MedicalDirector Maintenance window appears.
and double-click within the Common (Maintenance Tasks)
section of MedicalDirector Maintenance. The MedicalDirector
Backup window is displayed.
If SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol - the de facto standard for e-mail transmissions across the Internet) is not installed when the Backup application is opened, a prompt is displayed. The prompt will notify you that the SMTP Service (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) cannot be found and Notification will not work until it is installed.
This protocol is required to have the Backup utility send an e-mail informing you of the completion, and success or failure of a backup.
3. (Optional) If necessary, load a saved Backup configuration file.
4. (optional) Click at the top of the Backup utility window to have the utility attempt to automatically determine and configure many of the settings available, including such things as your Server Name and available Databases.
5. Select/Enter settings as necessary from the following tabs:
o Backup Location
6. Initiate the backup. This can be done either;
o Immediately, by ensuring the Run Now checkbox is enabled and then clicking (continue to Step 7), or
o Later, by ensuring the Run Now checkbox is disabled and you have scheduled the backup to commence later.
confirmation prompt is displayed.
o Lock/encrypt the backup file by entering a password, or
o Tick the No Password check box.
8. Click to perform the backup.
the backup has been successfully performed you will be prompted accordingly.